|Guildford Game Jam: 2 Choices|
- Command line option support - to select the level of control (I still wanted the house viewer to work, but also free-cam).
- Mouse and keyboard control of camera - for flying round environments (this would also be good for demonstrating the Future City scene).
- Game-pad support - I really wanted to be able to try navigating using a game-pad, it should be much more accessible.
|Command line options now supported by the standalone Apparace Player application.|
|Early dungeon generation experiments. A good starting point for a maze.|
To Collide or Not To Collide
Beginning & End
|Basic level structure test, start room (blue), maze, exit rooms; bad (red) and good (green).|
|We can use the door procedure from the old house experiment|
|Doors in place, double for wider opening.|
|Door opening hack in action; high LOD open, low LOD closed.|
|Collision testing against tagged triangles.|
The game at this stage wasn't much of a game as there were no clues to help you choose your final room. Puzzles were needed, so I headed out to the jam room again for the final day.
- A set of symbol design are available.
- This set is split into three sub-sets 'good', 'evil', and 'neutral' symbols.
- Each room in the maze will be clearly distinguishable as either a good clue room or an evil clue room.
- Each clue room has a few symbols in it, some selected from the good/evil symbols according to the room type, and some from the neutral set.
- The two final rooms will have a similar set of clues, from which the player must infer the exit type.
- Number of symbols.
- Number of symbols shown in clue rooms.
- Proportion of neutral symbols shown in clue rooms.
- Size of maze.
|Test rigs for bit-field operations: Pick, Split, and Count|
|Sample glyph family.|
|Glyph sets and choosing example|
|Example glyph panel for clue rooms|
|Glyphs on the walls of good/evil clue rooms.|
|Game start room with seed/difficulty indicator.|
|ProcJam is also going on this week.|
|Me pointing as a willing victim plays through my game.|